Saturday, January 14, 2012

GOING TO THE STORE?


Boy, this is a mixed bunch, with only the loosest of threads. I was puttin' around town today listening to an old mix that I made that had the Flamin' Groovies, the Blues Explosion and a few other bands that got me all riled up and wishing I was having one of those good ol' "Really, they said I was having a party tonight?" type impromptu what-the-hell, if you can't beat 'em join 'em type Saturday night throwdowns, just like the good old days. Problem is, that ol' gang of mine has, literally, moved on. Time was, there was a steady stream of drop-ins on just about every weekend night (and some during the week) that would give cause to hiding a few beers in the vegetable drawer. People get married, move away, buy homes where they can afford them, and start families. Not me. Just like John Milner said in the movie American Grafitti, "I'm staying right here, having fun, as usual." It is what it is, to use a phrase I hate to use. We all grow up in different ways and I suppose. now that I'm a little older, my way is leaving beer right out in the open. So I guess this is for the "Do you have a paper plate?' "Who pissed on the seat?" "Is that the last one?" "He's upstairs" "Can I play this?" friends. They know who they are. I have carpet stains named after some of you, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Love you more because of it. XO you loiterers.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Dirty Shames - Makin' Love mp3 at Beware of the Blog
King Khan - Treat Me Like A Dog mp3 at Obscure Sound
The Chocolate Watch Band - Don't Need Your Lovin' mp3 at Beware of the Blog
The Flamin' Groovies - Teenage Head mp3 at Beware of the Blog
Jim Dickinson with the Cramps - Red Headed Woman mp3 at The Hound Blog
The Gun Club - Sex Beat mp3 at Eat This Grenade!
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Money Rock’n’Roll mp3 at Review Stalker
The Black Keys - Have Love Will Travel mp3 at Nine Bullets
Left Lane Cruiser - Big Mama mp3 at Nine Bullets

No comments: