Friday, December 30, 2011

TORCH CARRYING 101


Around this time of year, all sorts of blogs post their favorite releases of the year. There will be no such nonsense here. As you can probably tell if you've looked around here to any extent, I don't even attempt to keep up with new releases. There's a whole lot of bands that have been around for decades that I still haven't gotten around to. But, I do run into the Black Lips quite a bit, and most of the stuff I've heard is raucous enough. They've popped up on quite a few "Best of" lists, which, you know as well as I, is not a good reason to post them. I am posting them because they still use guitars. Apparently for a lot of things. That must be encouraged.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Black Lips - Family Tree mp3 at Winnie Cooper
The Black Lips - Modern Art mp3 at Impose Magazine
The Black Lips - Raw Meat mp3 at Barryfest
The Black Lips - Bicentennial Man mp3 at Off the Radar
The Black Lips - New Directions mp3 at Infrasons
The Black Lips - Mad Dog mp3 at The Vinyl District Note: Click on the tiny arrow on the streaming bar, right under where it says "Info"

No comments: