Monday, December 19, 2011

COMING RIGHT UP SNOOKUMS


I don't thing I have a thing to say that that look on Carla Thomas doesn't convey a thousand times better. It screams..., wait, no it doesn't. It says, deliberately, "Play my record, baby." So here's a couple of her Christmas songs. There you go. Got the holiday thing taken care of and, thanks to Carla Thomas' stare down, I can cheapo out on the copy.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Carla Thomas - Gee Whiz It's Christmas mp3 at Kick Kick Snare
Carla Thomas - All I Want For Christmas Is You mp3 at Sir Shambling's Deep Soul Heaven
Video:
Carla Thomas -Every Ounce of Strength (TV show, 1965) at YouTube
Visit:
Carla Thomas at the Stax Museum
Portrait of Carla Thomas - A large high resolution version of the photo above at the Stax Museum.Link

No comments: