Wednesday, October 19, 2011

THEY STILL HOLD UP


Every once in a while, when the Sex Pistols cross my mind, I think, why them? They sound an awful lot like a rock n' roll band with a bad singer. What set them apart? Beyond the fact that they were brilliantly anti-marketed, wrote good songs, had flippant attitudes, and were among the first of the UK punk bands, were they all that inventive? Militant? Honest?



Who really cares? All I know is that I'd never seen the video above before tonight, and it reminded me of what a good band they were, whatever their standing in the punk annals.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant mp3 at Review Stalker
The Clash - I'm So Bored With the U.S.A. mp3 at Review Stalker
The Buzzcocks - Orgasm Addict mp3 at Review Stalker
Wire - Pink Flag mp3 at Review Stalker
Note: If links don't work, all mp3's can be found at Review Stalker.
Previous related post:
Listen Up Sonny - Sex Pistols oddballs, rarities & demos

No comments: