Saturday, August 27, 2011

MEXICAN PSYCH THERAPY


You should know about the Dug Dug's, or as there called south of the border Los Dug Dug's. Everybody and their mother seem to be frothing over their recent reissues. My initial reaction was rather fussless, but they've begun to grow on me. If it wasn't for the damn flute. You can thank ol' Ian Anderson for that. Somewhere in the back of my head, I've always considered the flute an instrument that should be left out of rock n' roll, and it all boils down to seeing Anderson (of Jethro Tull, for you kids) in his fucking medieval get-up. That's it. Stupid prejudice as that might be, it ruined flute in rock for me. It sent the damn flute off to the Sherwood Forest. What kind of band is gnarly enough to pull off having a flute player? I'd be tempted to say that the Monks or Sonics, but the mere thought of either one of those bands with a flute in it would have me running for the bathroom. Okay, Kraftwerk did a pretty good job of disguising it in the early clip I posted yesterday, but then again, look at all the shit Florian Schneider had attached to it. Maybe that's why I'm giving Los Dug Dug's a shot. Let Los Dug Dug's be my Tull eraser.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Los Dug Dug's - Los Somos Malos mp3 at The Days of Yore
Los Dug Dug's - Cual Es Tu Nombre mp3 at Raven Sings the Blues
Los Dug Dug's - Lost In My World mp3 at The Days of Yore
LPs:
Los Dug Dug's - Los Dug Dug's (1970, via MediaFire) at Rubber Soul
Los Dug Dug's - Smog (1972, via MediaFire) at Rubber Soul
Los Dug Dug's - Cambia, Cambia (1974, via MediaFire) at Rubber Soul
Los Dug Dug's - El Loco (1975, via MediaFire) at Rubber Soul
Visit:
Los Dug Dug's at Wikipedia

No comments: