Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER


Two things hit me when I hear the Marvin Gaye songs below. One is an association; I'm riding my cheap Huffy copy of a Schwinn String Ray around the neighborhood, without a care in the world. No time tables or schedules to worry about, other than what time dinner was, and making sure I got up in time for my paper route. Ahead of me, probably an after dinner game of kick the can, and after that, life.



What hits me now, as an adult with a bit more music listening under my belt (and with far better means of hearing it), is how really great these are. The lyrics, the production, the instrumentation, the pace, and that voice. These are perfect songs, stone cold classics. They give me goosebumps, still, now more than ever. As my friend the Swami would say "I dig them the most."

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

No comments: