Thursday, December 2, 2010

THE CIG'S A PROP. BELEIVE IT.


Neil Diamond has never really been cool. I don't care what you think, he's not sacred. That photo above is about as cool as he ever got. But, he did write some good songs, and he had a solid string of pop hits in the late 60s and early '70s. And he wrote a few Monkees songs too. He is talented. But, he wore a that gawd awful jumpsuit, so that takes him down a notch. So, let's just say, he's right about even. You can't really hate him, but you still feel like pulling him aside and saying, "Dude, get a little crazy will you?"

In the weeks to come, I'll undoubtedly succumb and post some holiday stuff. (If only to sneak the Sonics' "Santa Claus" in.) And I don't think I've ever posted a Hanukkah song. (And that started yesterday, right?) So, here's about as crazy as Neil Diamond's going to get, a cover of Adam Sandler's "The Chanukah Song." I had to post it, because I didn't know it existed (it came out in 2009), and I'm sure there's got to be someone out there that would dig it. Plus, hearing him sing it makes it funnier. But, as the guy in this post, said, somewhere "Rick Rubin is banging his head against a desk."

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Neil Diamond - The Chanukah Song mp3 at Popdose

No comments: