Saturday, July 24, 2010

MANDATORY


I heard "Here Comes the Sun" yesterday, twice. That's a song that just sort of gets under my skin. I think it all stems from seeing some hippy playing it, sitting cross-legged in the school quad, a long time ago. It was after the sun came out, after days of rain. (I know, just fuckin' gag me.). It was that, or the whole "deeet-um-doo-ba" thing.

I've found myself in this situation before. and one song that could wipe the slate completely clean was "Rumble," by Link Wray. It worked, but that was after only hearing "Here Come the Sun" once. Last night, I added "Blue's Theme" by Davie Allan & the Arrows as a chaser, just to play it safe.

These are mandatory listening if you're not already familiar with them. Not "highly recommended" or "essential," but mandatory. And, should you find ever yourself at a party, and there's no Bluto available to work his magic, these should do the trick.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Link Wray - Rumble mp3 (right click to save) at CoopStuff
The Link Wray Story at Perfect Sound Forever
Dave Allan and the Arrows - Blue's Theme mp4 at the Pop Sucker

No comments: