Friday, May 29, 2009

A KING KHAN PRIMER: DUDE'S A NUT


I don't know what to make of King Khan and I don't have to. All I need to know is his batting average, in terms of how often I dig a random download of his. That would be a long winded way of saying he's pretty much batting a thousand. A little suspect, I would agree (so don't bother saying it). But, I have to add that I picked up a used CD of his, and it's pretty damn good, beginning to end. Dare I say it, but I haven't heard a anything he's done that I don't like. Not bad for a Canadian (I'm kidding, maple leafers!).
.
So what's he sound like? Jeez, let's see, a little garage, a little psych, a lot of rock n' roll, a little bit o' horns, some tamborine and farfisa, and an ounce of ballad. Oh, and not entirely retro. Confused? You don't have to know what to make of him either. Just dig the vastly under-rated boss sounds of the guy with the Bollywood looks and the Pabst beer gut.
.

1 comment:

missjulied said...

http://pitchfork.com/news/37111-king-khan-bbq-show-miss-gig-possibly-arrested-on-drug-charges/